This is what you tell people at parties 🙋♀️
“I'm leading a team of DevOps and SRE's at GoodHabitz, one of the world’s leading EdTech companies. I ensure a smooth transition from on-premise to the public cloud and from a monolithic application to a microservices architecture. Together with our sister companies Udemy and Stack Overflow, we're on a mission to get everyone excited about learning. We develop training programs for 2.000+ international client businesses in 16 countries. We’re continuously expanding our catalog of content, our platform’s capabilities and our global presence into more countries."
This will be your team 🥊
"I’m part of the ambitious Product Engineering team that fulfills a central role within GoodHabitz. The team is growing rapidly and we will be 70–100 engineers in a year’s time. We enable GoodHabitz to expand from 16 countries today to a global e-learning platform."
This is what you’ll be doing 🔨
You manage a mid-sized team and envision how the platform engineering team can actively collaborate with the other engineering teams. You also play an important part in recruiting and developing talented engineers.
- Take ownership and accountability of the current and future infrastructure
- Responsibility for the technical delivery commitments and drive the platform roadmap
- Lead migration to the GCP public cloud and build the migration plan
- Tackle problems from end-to-end
- Help develop and evangelise DevOps techniques and tools
- Budget and costs ownership
- Improve monitoring, observability and reporting of the platform
Why you’re perfect for this job ✅
- You possess a track record of running a highly-effective cloud engineering team
- You're technically hands-on and can lead by example
- Solid GCP management experience or interest in cross-training from AWS
- Familiar working in a greenfield environment and establishing core infrastructure, site reliability, DevOps and automation fundamentals
- A good understanding of monitoring, alerting, metrics and continuous improvement
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of modern development and engineering best practices that promote process automation
- Previous experience as a hands-on cloud engineer with a broad understanding of cloud and platform engineering technologies
Our offer 💰
- A very good salary;
- A flexible, hybrid way of working;
- A greenfield technical landscape with lots of autonomy;
- An inspiring, international and enterprising work environment;
- No non-technical management;
- Perspective that matches a fast-growing Tech department in a fast-growing company;
- Work that doesn’t feel like work;
- M1 MacBook Pro with all equipment you need for a productive, efficient and healthy home working setup;
- Reimbursement of your commuting expenses;
- Collective pension scheme with GoodHabitz paying 2/3 of the premium;
- 25 days of annual leave;
- And, of course, unlimited access to all our and Udemy’s online training courses and any external training courses that help you develop.
We have an international team and we welcome applicants from outside the Netherlands. We will help you and your family settle smoothly into your new Dutch life:
- We will arrange flights, visas and immigrations for you and your family
- We will help you find a home and relocate with external professional relocation and housing services
- We will pay for temporary accommodation while you search for your new home
- We will provide shipping for furniture or a budget for buying new here
- We will help in applying for the 30% Ruling (30% tax reduction for overseas applicants)
- We will assist with a tax return service in the Netherlands
- We will help you with settling in services (bank, municipality, registration, etc.)
- We’ll help you with kindergarten and school search if you have children
- We’ll even ship your pets, because they’re family too!
If you’ve been reading all of the above with an ever-growing smile on your face, then we’re ready to meet you! Please submit your CV and cover letter via the link below.