This is what you tell people at parties 🙋♀️
“I build scalable, fault-tolerant and reliable systems to help software teams run their code smoothly in production. I work at GoodHabitz, one of the world’s leading EdTech companies! Together with our sister companies Udemy and Stack Overflow, we're on a mission to get everyone excited about learning. We develop training programs for 2,000+ international client businesses in 16 countries. We’re continuously expanding our catalog of content, our platform’s capabilities and our global presence into more countries."
This will be your team 🥊
"I’m part of the ambitious Engineering Platform team. Our goal is to build the next generation infrastructure platform that product engineers will build on to expand the product. Our Product Engineering team is growing rapidly and we will be 70–100 engineers in a year’s time. We enable GoodHabitz to expand from 16 countries today to a global e-learning platform."
This is what you’ll be doing 🔨
You'll work with foundational infrastructure such as compute, networking, deployment tools, observability and other tools affecting the developer experience in production. You're expected to shape a cutting edge, cloud native infrastructure platform on top of GCP.
- Building or maintaining reliability tools that help engineers build quickly and safely
- Assist teams with reliability best practices, lead incident response and blameless postmortem analysis and reviews
- Dealing with large-scale distributed systems across multiple availability zones
- Bringing your own insights into what a distributed cloud architecture should look like in 2022
- Influence the adoption of new technologies and directly impact the platform team’s practices and standards
- Bringing fresh ideas and demonstrating a unique and informed point of view.
Why you’re perfect for this job ✅
- 8+ years of experience working with systems or as a software engineer
- Experience leading major technical projects in collaboration with other engineers
- Experience working with a public cloud provider (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience with cloud Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform, Pulumi or CDK (Cloud Development Kit)
- Familiarity with container orchestration such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Strong problem solver
- Passionate about the quality of systems and code.
Our offer 💰
- A very good salary;
- A flexible, hybrid way of working;
- A greenfield technical landscape with lots of autonomy;
- An inspiring, international and enterprising work environment;
- No non-technical management;
- Perspective that matches a fast-growing Tech department in a fast-growing company;
- Work that doesn’t feel like work;
- M1 MacBook Pro with all equipment you need for a productive, efficient and healthy home working setup;
- Reimbursement of your commuting expenses if you live outside Eindhoven;
- Collective pension scheme with GoodHabitz paying 2/3 of the premium;
- 25 days of annual leave;
- Room to grow at an amazing location in the heart of Eindhoven;
- And, of course, unlimited access to all our and Udemy’s online training courses and any external training courses that help you develop.
We have an international team and we welcome applicants from outside the Netherlands. We will help you (and your family) settle smoothly into your new Dutch life:
- We will help you find a home and relocate with external professional relocation and housing services
- We will pay for temporary accommodation while you search for your new home
- We will arrange your flights
- We will help with your work visa and applying for the 30% Ruling (30% tax benefit for overseas applicants).
If you’ve been reading all of the above with an ever-growing smile on your face, then we’re ready to meet you! Please submit your info via the link below.