This is what you tell people at parties 🙋♀️
“I am the Security lead within the SRE/ DevOps team and my goal is to improve our security game. I work in a greenfield landscape where I can influence the adoption of new technologies and directly impact practices and standards. That's why I work at GoodHabitz, one of the world’s leading EdTech companies. Together with our sister companies Udemy and Stack Overflow, we're on a mission to get everyone excited about learning. We develop training programs for 2,000+ international client businesses in 16 countries. We’re continuously expanding our catalog of content, our platform’s capabilities and our global presence into more countries. Right now we're preparing for another phase of rapid scale-out and expansion."
This will be your team 🥊
"I’m part of the ambitious Product Engineering team that fulfills a central role within GoodHabitz. The team is growing rapidly and we will be 70–100 engineers in a year’s time. We enable GoodHabitz to expand from 16 countries today to a global e-learning platform."
This is what you’ll be doing 🔨
You're continuously improving GoodHabitz' abilities to monitor, detect and respond to incidents. Establishing and implementing the highest standards of security in our processes and application architecture is what we expect from you.
- Educating engineers to contemplate security ramifications
- Digging in deep into the infrastructure (programming, scripting and automation)
- Playing a key design role in implementing microservices as we move towards cloud-native engineering
- Reviewing, analyzing and improving our systems’ defences
- Leading periodic reviews and audits
- Dealing with large-scale distributed systems across multiple availability zones
- Collaborating with and supporting the Legal, Risk & Compliance team.
Why you’re perfect for this job ✅
- GCP or AWS
- Strong Linux. You love the command line!
- You swear by Infrastructure as Code
- You will be working in an international organisation, you are fluent in English speech and writing
Nice to have:
- Distributed MSA / MACH framework systems
- Obsession with automation, monitoring and continuous optimisation
- SIEM services
Our offer 💰
- A very good salary;
- A flexible, hybrid way of working;
- A greenfield technical landscape with lots of autonomy;
- An inspiring, international and enterprising work environment;
- No non-technical management;
- Perspective that matches a fast-growing Tech department in a fast-growing company;
- Work that doesn’t feel like work;
- M1 MacBook Pro with all equipment you need for a productive, efficient and healthy home working setup;
- Reimbursement of your commuting expenses if you live outside Eindhoven;
- Collective pension scheme with GoodHabitz paying 2/3 of the premium;
- 25 days of annual leave;
- Room to grow at an amazing location in the heart of Eindhoven;
- And, of course, unlimited access to all our and Udemy’s online training courses and any external training courses that help you develop.
We have an international team and we welcome applicants from outside the Netherlands. We will help you (and your family) settle smoothly into your new Dutch life:
- We will help you find a home and relocate with external professional relocation and housing services
- We will pay for temporary accommodation while you search for your new home
- We will arrange your flights
- We will help with your work visa and applying for the 30% Ruling (30% tax benefit for overseas applicants).
If you’ve been reading all of the above with an ever-growing smile on your face, then we’re ready to meet you! Please submit your CV and Cover in English below!